Friday 16 December 2011

Silhouette Mania Spreads

I thought I'd give back to the community in the spirit of the commendable Telecanter with these two silhouettes - a two-handed axe man I ginned up for my One Page rules, and a female fighter-type I thought filled a gap in the available selection. These are from public domain art and free for use under a Creative Commons license (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/). Incidentally, the reason it's taking me so long to get the One Page starter pdf up is that I'm taking some good advice and switching it to OGL - it uses way too many terms from the SRD to risk any other way. And of course, that means retroactively re-licensing everything SRD-derivative I put up on this blog, but I think I have a form of words that will allow me to do that. 

Anyway ...



And presto ... he's a frost giant!

5 comments:

  1. Very good -- and also, good news. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aha, I almost did that battle axe dude too.

    Just out of curiosity, what are the terms that concern you? The worry, the chilling effects caused by this srd stuff really bothers me. How can one corporation own a whole genre of human play?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm also very concerned about people being harassed into signing onto the OGL...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not well read on the subject, but I am concerned about folks using the OGL (often meaning copying and pasting a version of it into their product) and then feeling that 1) they've protected themselves from being liable for ANY copyright infringement, and 2) they've protected their own original work from being stolen. For as much as the OSR (whatever that means) talks about the OGL, I don't feel there's a practical legal guide for how to use it, what it specifically applies to and what it doesn't. Maybe I'm just lazy and it's out there.

    ReplyDelete