Thursday 14 June 2012

GenCon This Year

I'll be going back to GenCon Indy this year. Because I'm affiliated with a company there and may need to keep time free to consult or help out, I can't tie down to anything specific, so signing up for on-the-grid games is right out. Which is too bad, seeing how space is tight in just about every old school event I would want to play in.



Still, I want to run a game off the schedule like I did in 2010, for a combination of Five Rings friends and Old School folks. I'd also like to play in a couple of off-the-grid games. And I'm definitely going to stop by the Old school Renaissance booth.

So - is anyone going and interested? And can anyone point me to forum threads and the like where informal gaming arrangements are being made?

7 comments:

  1. I don't know about the game arrangments, but there's a Google doc of all the OSR-ish related folks that are attending with peoples contact info. Did you get that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have it under conventions on my blog, digitalorc.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, filled it out but the output is a little, um, weird. How do I access all the entries?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once finished, you should see all entries. If not, no worries. I'll send you an update this evening around 9 eastern.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Submitted now. Let me know if you don't receive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You'll want to also look for games run by the Dead Games Society (all old school, discontinued games, all the time). Plus the Labyrinth Lord Society is having a small meet-and-greet at "The Stink" on Wednesday night. Good place to meet other OSR folks and maybe get a pick-up game arranged.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks all - looks like I am ready to connect at GC this year ...

    ReplyDelete